Leonardo, the astrologer is seeking the North Star.
- He uses a brass telescope in his right hand and a world map/ astronomy chart and working compass in his left hand.
- The telescope is secured in place by intricate wiring from finger to arm support.
- The papers in his left hand are printed on fabric not paper
- His head and hands are sculpted from Premo polymer clay.
- All fingers are wired .
- His eyes are glass.
- His beard and hair are lamb's wool
- His coat is wool from Toronto, Canada
- The frontal trim is from India
- His hat includes a miniature Turkish woven rug folded in half with a bead
- Inside he wears a red sweater to keep warm while star gazing.
- The trims at his wrist are recycled rabbit fur
- His boots are handmade with leather/ suede over a clay core.
- On his leather belt, he carries an India-made leather bag, a mini globe, mini binoculars.
- His cloth inner body is supported by thick rods imbedded from his shoulders into a painted wooden base.
- The base is covered with felt to protect furniture.
- 20 in. ht. 10 in wide elbow to elbow